kicking off the week with cinnamon-maca #nanaicecream topped with homemade carob buckwheat granola (ahem, coco pops anyone), banana, mulberries and coconut 👌 #vegan #me #samlemerle #fithealthyproject
samara is da bomb
After seeing the dramatic results from the Ice Bucket Challenge, Indian journalist Manju Latha Kalanidhi was compelled to start something similar, but with an Indian slant. “I felt like doing something more locally tangible. Rice is a staple here,” Kalanidhi told CNN. “We eat it every day, we can store it for months. Why not donate rice to someone who is hungry?”
Go off x1000000
This is fabulous
There are lots of numbers that made Ida Keeling a standout at the Gay Games 9 track and field events Tuesday in Akron.
At 4-feet-6 and 83 pounds, she was easily the smallest athlete in her chosen race, the 100 meters.
With a finishing time of 59.8 seconds, she was also by far the slowest, considering that world champs cover the distance in about 10 seconds.
But consider another number — the one that causes fellow contestants to want to shake her hand and local media to follow her with a camera to record her witticisms.
Ida Keeling is 99 years old.
Read more on Ohio.com
Her skin. Her hair. Her eyebrows. Her smile. The way the pink shirt sits against her skin. All of it amazing.
An African-American film producer in Beverly Hills for an Emmy pre-party was handcuffed and detained for around six hours on Friday night as police believed he fit the description of a suspect in a nearby bank robbery.
Charles Belk said he left a restaurant alone to refill a parking meter when he was suddenly surrounded by six police cars “handcuffed very tightly, fully searched for weapons, and placed back on the curb,” he wrote on his Facebook page with an accompanying photo of him sitting on the curb as two police officers stand close by.
While being black….
WHY YOU SHOULD GO WATCH WADJDA RIGHT NOW IMMIDIETLY
- takes place in saudi arabia
- all characters muslim
- really, really well written. it’s essentially a slice-of-life comedy about a 10-year-old-girl trying to save up enough money to buy a bike, and the roadblocks she hits while doing so.
- all the characters, most of which are women, are fleshed-out, enjoyable, and given their own seperate character arc. every single arc just hits it right on the head. it’s basically a cast of well-written, well-acted muslim characters.
- first saudi arabian feature film to be directed by a woman
- it’s funny. like, really fucking funny.
- oh my god.
- go watch wadjda.
- here i even have a link you can watch it right now
- there is literally no reason to watch this perfect fucking film right now
- if you like well written comedies with a mostly-female, all-muslim, all person-of-color cast, just watch this ok
- i’M NOT K IDDING SOMEONE WATCH WADJDA SO THEY CAN TALK ABOUT IT WITH ME
Always be yourself.
This is everything. omg
they give 0 fucks
Bout that life.
"And since we all came from a woman
Got our name from a woman and our game from a woman
I wonder why we take from our women
Why we rape our women, do we hate our women?
I think it’s time to kill for our women
Time to heal our women, be real to our women
And if we don’t we’ll have a race of babies
That will hate the ladies, that make the babies
And since a man can’t make one
He has no right to tell a woman when and where to create one
So will the real men get up
I know you’re fed up ladies, but keep your head up”
- Tupac Shakur
Always reblog this.